Mahaska Health Partnership will host a community blood drive from 3:00 – 7:00 PM on Monday, March 26, inside of the Cedar Bluff Learning Center. To donate, please contact the blood center at 800-452-1097 or visit www.bloodcenterimpact.org and use code 5047 to locate the drive.
TAG SEARCH RESULTS FOR: "Radio"
Eric Pike the Satellite Guy, local DISH Authorized Retailer, along with DISH Cares, the corporate citizenship program of DISH, are announcing their support of the Oskaloosa Ecumenical Food Cupboard by participating in a nationwide DISH food drive to help “can” hunger Feb. 12-Mar. 2.
Participants may support the Ecumenical Food Cupboard by dropping off non-perishable food items such as canned goods and pasta as well as used, clean plastic bags at these local drop off locations: Hy-Vee (Oskaloosa), The Oskaloosa Eagles Aerie 276, EZ Sales & Rental, Fareway (Oskaloosa), Julie’s Cafe, State Bank of Bussey, Summers Car Credit, Smokey Row (Oskaloosa) and the KBOE/KMZN Studios.
Discounted Nutella has turned into a Black Friday nightmare in what’s being deemed Nutellageddon. The chocolate hazelnut spread was discounted by supermarkets across France yesterday and caused an uproar with shoppers.
“They are like animals,” one shopper said. “A woman had her hair pulled, an elderly lady took a box on her head, another had a bloody hand,” the woman explained. All this for 70-percent-off Nutella.
The outrageous fights broke out in multiple stores across the country. One store limited the sale to three jars per customer. According to the NY Post, France is second to Germany as the world’s top consumers of Nutella. That explains so much of what has happened!
“New Year, New Bill”
A newly introduced bill in California will prevent waiters from handing out unsolicited straws with drinks. The bill would require waiters to only hand out straws if a customer drinking a beverage asks for one. If a waiter serves a drink with an unrequested straw, they could face up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
Democratic majority leader, Ian Calderon, who proposed the bill, wants to “create awareness around the issue of one-time use plastic straws and its detrimental effects on [their] landfills.” The law seems to be gaining approval.
The Los Angeles Times even got behind the movement and also pointed out “repetitive sucking may cause wrinkles.” California cities San Luis Obispo and Davis already passed straws-on-request laws last year. The actual number of straws being used is unclear, however its estimated that 500 million straws are used a day. Calderon may be on to something.
Daniel and Danielle met on Plenty of Fish just as many couples now-a-days do. What’s different about their story is that their lives are extremely parallel and it has less to do about their similar names and more to do with fate.
Turns out- the two were born on the same day, in the same hospital! That’s not all. Both of their nicknames are Dan. If you didn’t think they were destined to meet from birth, how about the fact they both joined the Plenty of Fish online dating service on the same day. The pair hit it off so well they ended up getting married. They even welcomed their first child, Daisy on their first wedding anniversary.
Their lives are just full of coincidence. The two say that they felt like they met before, but it could’ve just been as babies in the hospital. Both their previous relationships never really worked out before and now they know why. Daniel says “it must’ve been fate- she’s my best friend.”
“Make It Rain”
In case you missed it, it was raining dollar bills on an Illinois highway on Tuesday. It happened after a car carrying money and cash vouchers spun out of control and hit a truck with a flatbed trailer. The money went flying everywhere, but police cleaned up everything before anyone could get their hands on them. Everyone in the wreck is safe.
- A woman arrived home to find someone was watching the place while she was gone, but they weren’t expecting to be there when she got in. According to the woman, she walked in on another female rummaging through her purse. The suspect fled, but didn’t make it far and was arrested shortly after.
- A supermarket clerk thought she was super sly after paying a lottery winner five dollars when he actually won $600. Turns out Winn- Dixie clerk Crystelle Yvette Baton wasn’t so slick as the lucky lottery winner was an undercover agent working for the Florida Lottery Commission’s security division. According to the Miami Herald, the Lottery Commission makes random visits to make sure the games are played properly. Sounds like it wasn’t Crystelle’s lucky day.
The deadline to submit your entries has passed and now it’s time to choose which of the 10 finalists you think deserves the best! To vote, “Like” the photo of your favorite entry by clicking here.
Let the world know why your sweetheart deserves the best during KBOE & KMZN’s Love is ON the Air contest.
The winner will receive a package worth over $2,000 in prizes, including a beautiful Opal ring from Gardner Collier Jewelry, and a weekend to Lakeside Casino (including overnight accommodations, food vouchers, and concert tickets to High Valley on Saturday, Feb. 16).
TO ENTER YOUR SWEETIE: Tell us why your loved one deserves to win (*in 350 words or less) by emailing entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to enter is midnight on Feb. 1, 2018.
ONCE ENTERED: Our panel of judges will meet Feb. 2 to determine 10 finalists. Once chosen, we will read two letters per day over the air on KBOE and KMZN. Listeners will then head over to Facebook and vote by “Liking” their favorite letter. The deadline to cast your vote is 8:00 AM on Monday, Feb. 12, and the winner will be announced by noon of that day.
FULL LISTING OF PRIZES:
- Gardner Collier Jewelry: $500 value – This beautiful Opal Ring has two round, brilliant diamonds and features a 5mmx8mm opal set in a 10K yellow gold filagree band.
- Lakeside Casino: A deluxe room, 2 free Seafood Buffets, 2 Tier A Concert Tickets to High Valley, 2 breakfast vouchers for Saturday, Feb. 16, 2018. Valued at over $300.
- Hair Designers Salon & Spa: $300 value ‘spa day’ package, including: Highlight, Shampoo, Cut & Style, Air Brush Makeup, Elite Spa Pedicure, Tranquility Spa Facial (with Andie, Tasha or Amber).
- 9Lilas Boutique: $200 Gift Certificate to pick out the perfect outfit for date night.
- Double C Cowboy Country: $300 worth of Gift Certificates from KBOE Big Deals.
- Thistles Floral & Accent Shop: $100 value – a dozen long stemmed red roses and delicious Van Veen Chocolates.
- Silver Lining: $100 value – message board, his & hers coffee mugs, Urban Smirk dish towel, Sugarfina candies, Love Pop-Open Cards.
- Mahaska Drug: $100 value worth of candies, plush animals, wine glasses, and more.
- Cork & Bottle: $75 value – Strawberry Rose Moscato,CK Mondavi Moscato, Woodbridge Sauvignon Blanc, Crane Lake Merlot.
Stay updated, sign up for our newsletter.